apple cake

Apple and cinnamon cake with stone ground flour!

08:30

It's been long time since I've baked  a cake..... actually I don't even remember when was the last time I did! For sure before I've started my diet, or better and healthy and balanced diet.
Some times I still need a treat though....and once in a while if I go out for dinner I have a dessert to finish with my meal, but to bake a cake and the smell of the cake baking in the kitchen is all another story..... There is nothing better on a cold afternoon, when you are home alone than having a  warm slice of cake with a nice steaming tea and a good book!
I got this recipe from my sister years ago, it's from an old family friend....I'm still wandering why it took me so long to bake this cake! I still tried to bake this cake with healthier ingredients so I used stone ground flour instead of plain flour and brown sugar.
Mine it's very small, my mould form PavonIdea  it's only 12 cm in diameter. If you want to make a large cake just double recipe.

APPLE AND CINNAMON CAKEINGREDIENTS
  • 150g stone ground flour (type 1)
  • 90g brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 50ml semi skimmed milk
  • 50ml sunflower seeds oil
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1 large apple
Whisk eggs with brown sugar until fluffy and doubled in size. Add the sieved flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix with an electric mixer. Add the milk and oil and mix well until well combined. Peel and core the apple, then cut into thin slices half of it and into small cubes the other half of the apple. Mix the diced apple to the cake batter. Spread the thin apple slices into the base of the cake tin and pour batter over the apples. I used a silicon based mould , but if you use a spring form you need to grease and flour the tin first. Bake in hot oven at 160ºC for 30/35 minutes.Allow to cool down and remove from tin

Torta di mele e cannella

You Might Also Like

1 commenti