Pasta

Fregola with clams!!!

10:24

For the Italian version click here!!!!

Ohhhhhhhh I'm running a day behind.... I should write first my recipes in Italian and English, and then post them...
Today I'm posting another recipe from Sardinia, I haven't been home for a while now and I'm really missing my food..... Fregola is a typical sardinian pasta made with durum flour (semolina) and water. It's made in a traditional plate rolling the semolina and water with the fingertips until small balls are formed. They need to dry in a cloth for 24 hours and then toasted in the oven. They are similar to cous cous. Fregola is delicious in soups, cooked like risotto....basically you can cooked as you like it!!!
My version today is very traditional and you can find it almost in every restaurant in Sardinia and on wedding buffet!!

INGREDIENTS:
200 gr. of fregola
200 gr. chopped tomatoes
1 kg of clams
about 600 ml of fish stock (but you may need more)
olive oil
parsley
garlic
chili pepper

In a saucepan heat the oil with the garlic and parsley then add the chopped tomatoes and chili. Simmer for 10 minutes. In a large pan cook the "fregola" in boiling fish stock (broth) for 6/8 mins. Cook the clams with a drop of olive oil until they open add them with their filtered water to the tomato sauce, cook for a minute or two and then mix everything with the "fregola". Serve hot!!!

You Might Also Like

1 commenti

  1. la fregola cucinata con il pesce è il TOP.....Io l'adoro....

    ReplyDelete